Turner Sports and CBS Sports announce 2021 NCAA Division I men’s basketball championship commentator teams | NCAA.com
Jim Nantz, Grant Hill, Bill Raftery and Tracy Wolfson to Call National Championship and Final Four National Semifinals for Sixth Straight Tournament
Jim Jackson, Lisa Byington, Brendan Haywood and Adam Zucker to Have Expanded Roles
Jon Rothstein, Andy Katz, Avery Johnson, Lauren Shehadi, AJ Ross, Tom McCarthy and Adam Lefkoe to Join NCAA Tournament Coverage for First Time
CBS Sports and Turner Sports will once again feature a marquee lineup of announcers for combined coverage of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. All 67 games from the 2021 NCAA Tournament will be televised across four national television networks – TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV – and via NCAA March Madness Live, beginning Thursday, March 18, with the NCAA First Four on truTV and TBS.
This year’s NCAA Final Four National Semifinals on Saturday, April 3, and National Championship on Monday, April 5, from Indianapolis will be called by Jim Nantz, Grant Hill, Bill Raftery and reporter Tracy Wolfson on CBS. This is the sixth straight Tournament they have called the Final Four together.
Gene Steratore will return as rules analyst throughout the Tournament.
New and expanded commentator roles for this year’s coverage will include:
- Jon Rothstein serving as an insider within the controlled environment throughout the Tournament;
- Jim Jackson appearing as game analyst from the First Four through the Regional Finals;
- Lisa Byington and Tom McCarthy calling play-by-play through the Round of 32;
- Brendan Haywood and Avery Johnson serving as game analysts through the Round of 32;
- AJ Ross and Lauren Shehadi joining as game reporters through the Round of 32;
- Adam Zucker filling in as host and providing game updates from New York through the Regional Finals;
- Andy Katz joining studio coverage from Atlanta through the Regional Finals;
- Adam Lefkoe providing game updates from Atlanta during the First Round.